When I go on YouTube or music forums or even Facebook, I look for advice, new ways to make my music even better than it is.
And although I can understand that the right gear is important and sometimes even a necessity, I can get irked by people claiming that “YOU’RE NOT A REAL PRO IF YOU DON’T HAVE THIS OR [insert 700 dollar mixer, sequencer, program here]” No scratch that.
I get pissed off.
So many people insult a ‘dj’ or ‘producer’ or whatever due to the equipment they have. AND I’M JUST LIKE, “DOES IT MATTER BRAH?”
SURE, YOU CAN ENCOURAGE OR HELP OR GIVE ADVICE AS TO WHICH MIXER IS BETTER, BUT HAVING A FUCKING 12572364610558345943 DOLLAR SET DOESN’T MATTER TO ME.
YOU CAN FUCKING HAVE A TRAKTOR s4 WITH DIAMOND KNOBS AND GOLDEN JOLLY WHEELS
BUT DOES THAT MAKE YOU A BETTER MUSICIAN?
It pisses me off because I see stuff like this all the time. “Oh you can’t do shit until you got yourself a decent pioneer DJM two thousand.” or something like that.
'Cause the equipment… it doesn't make the musician. It can enhance a musician, dj, producer, or anything.
As of now, I have to make use of a free demo of a program that I can’t afford within a couple hundred years. And I get shit for that.
But if you don’t have the passion. If you don’t have the right ears. The equipment doesn’t matter. Nothing will.
- sifujinoras likes this
- onizuka-hime likes this
- elriicx reblogged this from chongthenomad and added:
- awryendings likes this
- dyedgreyillusion likes this
- gosakurago likes this
- hiyoko-hime likes this
- amerrydayforrain likes this
- iluisindustries likes this
- noodoo likes this
- argylsocks likes this
- stracer likes this
- fruke reblogged this from chongthenomad and added:
- fruke likes this
- raiville likes this
- marisaheaneyx likes this
- somnoserene reblogged this from chongthenomad and added:
- selenityshiroi likes this
- edith1004 likes this
- nymre likes this
- airbenderedacted likes this
- amythe likes this
- masterarrowhead likes this
- equalistmako likes this
- merupon likes this
- hobotater likes this
- greendalings said:hah yeah, i play guitar and i have a Taylor, which is a pretty expensive acoustic brand, but i know people who play cheap guitars and are amazing. hell, i could play well if i still had the shitty one i learned on. instrument/equipment =/= skill.
- ribbon-sky likes this
- swing-the-serenade likes this
- understandablyjolly likes this
- agentboo likes this
- capnorannge likes this
- thinkactrepeat reblogged this from chongthenomad and added:
- sam-i-am-sexy-and-i-know-it reblogged this from chongthenomad
- bringsorrow likes this
- nekochan11252 likes this
- fivecentimeterspersecond likes this
- sam-i-am-sexy-and-i-know-it likes this
- canalave-library likes this
- chongthenomad posted this